Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fear of countless Numbers....

Exams have always been the most exciting part of school days. 
No scope of sleeping early or getting up late...evening time for
 play, suddenly becomes a Dream !!!

Study...exams...of anything can be handled...but when the 
subject became MATHEMATICS...headaches, stomach aches,
Heart aches etc etc used to crawl in my Body... I am so sure
of this fact that i have not done so much of Bargaining with God
 for any other subject(... Bargaining-> A deal between Me and
 God for not asking for anything else if my this exam goes well...)

                                                    So, coming back to the point..it was the Autumns of '96..when i was expected to  appear for   this Ice candy exam and to add to my terror
my  Dad was going to teach me because my Mom was busy (.. how 
could you let this thing happen to me mom? Left me alone to study 
maths and that too with dad...a religious lover of Maths...showing
every possible creativity in solving questios...with not only one 
method but with min. of 4-5 methods..because verification of
 understanding of maths can only be done by doing maths more 
and all the more...)


so, on that Sunday afternoon he started with the first chapter -TIME..and
the actual Time refused to pass. He took my three 'IAS' level tests of that
chapter in the end and made me understand and redo That ONE question
which i did wrong in complete 1.5hrs.. When my mom came she realized till 8
in the evening i have done PhD in 'TIME' but know nothing else (not to mention
the scoldings i was showered with) and then as a life Saviour she took me. She 
gave me a break of half an hour and taught everything else.

I actually passed nicely in that exam but kept on facing this fear of 
Maths. Then one day a New 
teacher---Maths Sir came to our class.

 He was just so cute...
and i was Super-duper impressed with him but how to impress 
him was the question. unlike his sweet looks, he was very 
tough in dealing with his Dear subject-Maths. so, i started 
studying maths day in and out. I satrted discussing problems of
 maths with my DAD!!! Later on..slowly n slowly my Fear
 Started transforming into my Curosity and then in actual 
My Passion....Definately i succeeded in my plan of impressing
 Sir but now, more than sir, i waited for the topic he will teach. 


Now, after so many years of that incident i feel...it was not my
 fear of Maths but my Ignorance towards it which made me scared....


                              Now m happy and have done Graduation in Maths !!!

1 comment: